Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Sinking in.


I am now embedded in the vacation experience. Hot tubs, 75 degree weather, and open bars seem normal. Everyone in the group keeps talking about doing a great many things, and only a small number them are happening. This is not a complaint, just an observation. There is no need to do anything at all, just a want. We want to travel to the Mayan ruins on this island or across the way in Cancun. We want to go snorkeling. We want to move around more than aggressive sloths. No need though.



The only thing I've found I need to do is relax. Remember that the agenda is no agenda, that time does not exist. Here and there a rude person or a change in expectations will ruffle my feathers, and in those moments I remember that I'm 2,000 miles from any obligation. Proximity to stress associates responsibility, and with this distance I'm free.

Everything is open here in Mexico. No doors to the lobby, its wide open. No glass in the windows. Air moves freely throughout, and its wonderful. Today seems a little hotter than yesterday, despite warning from Carlos, our cart driver, that last nights full moon circle would bring cold.

Maybe cold here is 74 instead of 78. I wouldn't be surprised. Anyway I refuse to chug along for too many minutes in front of this screen, so I'm off to jump into the ocean.

I've just been informed that at 1:45 we will be taking a private boat on a snorkeling tour of the island. I couldn't be more excited. The universe that exists below the surface of the ocean remains a complete unknown... for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment