Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 5 - New Years Day


This shall be a short and easy entry. Today was a day of rest, as it should be after a night like last night. I woke up at 9, treated myself huge helpings of coffee and orange juice. Kim, Trish and I camped out on the beach for hours, casually exchanging stories, and reading our books of choice. Eventually we mustered up the energy to walk the 30 feet to have lunch and cervasas. I had wonderfully cooked salmon and scallops, though I'm fairly sure neither of which are local to the area. Meandering over to the lobby-side pool, we read and took a long siesta.

The sun seemed tired, too, and glad to be able to retire quickly behind the clouds. Tomorrow we are off to explore the island by car, for which I'm very excited, as I need to say more of this place than just what has been groomed for me to see. I want to see something real.

No comments:

Post a Comment